The Kitchen Library
Every appliance is carefully hand washed but please take good care of everything you borrow and wash items thoroughly before returning them.
Rules and Borrowing Policies
1. Members must be 18 years of age or older to become members of The Kitchen Library Library (KL).
2. Only members are authorized to use KL appliances. Members shall not permit the use of KL items by non-members. If damage to any appliance occurs as a result of the use by any non-member, the member who signed out the appliance will be responsible for repair costs or replacement.
3. Prior to borrowing over $200 worth of appliances, all Members must provide a valid credit card number or provide a refundable deposit for the value of the appliance. If the appliance(s) are not returned or incur damages, the KL will charge the full amount for repair or replacement of these appliances to the credit card number provided. The Member agrees to promptly update the credit card information in the event that it changes.
4. Appliances may be borrowed for a period of 7 days depending on the appliance. All appliances borrowed are to be returned to the KL by close of business on their due date. Appliances may only be returned during KL’s open hours.
5. The late fee for every appliance is $1/day including days KL is closed (so please return items on time).
6. KL may replace severely delinquent appliances (30 days), holding the Member responsible for the full replacement cost plus a $5 administrative fee. Fines must be paid in full before borrowing additional items.
7. KL reserves the right to use appropriate steps to retrieve delinquent appliances or unpaid fines and fees, including the use of a collection agency and/or legal action and assess the delinquent Member with the cost of any such action. KL also reserves the right to forgive fees due to special circumstances.
8. The Member agrees that the KL is not responsible for any manufacturing, material, or quality of workmanship defects of borrowed appliances.
9. KL staff members are available to assist in explaining the operation of appliances if requested. However, by taking possession of any item, the Member is certifying that he or she is capable of using that item in a safe and proper manner and the KL is not responsible for injury or damage caused by the appliance.
10. The Member agrees that if any borrowed appliance becomes unsafe or in a state of disrepair, he or she must immediately discontinue use of the appliance and notify the KL of the issue on return, if not earlier.
11. All appliances are to be returned in the same condition as they were issued , barring normal wear and tear. All appliances must be returned clean. The Member agrees to pay for the loss of or damage to any item and further agrees to accept KL’s assessment of condition of items and assessment of fair restitution for damage, dirtiness, delinquency, and/or loss of items in part or in total. This restitution amount could equal the full replacement cost of the item plus a $5 administrative fee.
12. KL reserves the right to refuse the loan of any item at its discretion.
13. KL reserves the right to alter the appliance policy at any point.