- Preparation time = 40 minutes
- Total time = 90 minutes
- Good for = 10 servings
- all-purpose flour = 2 cups
- granulated sugar = 2/3 cups
- cold butter (cubed) = 1/2 cup
- egg (beaten) = 1
For Chocolate Ganache:
- dark chocolate (11-ounce, chopped) = 312 grams
- 35 percent whipping cream = 2 cups
- maple syrup = 2 tablespoons
- vanilla bean = 1; OR vanilla = 1 tablespoon
- raspberries (fresh) = 2 packs of 170 grams
- Combine sugar and flour in the food processor. Add gradually the butter until mixture looks like grainy bread crumbs.
- Add the beaten egg and mix it consistently until you form the dough.
- Shape the dough into a disk and wrap it in plastic. Refrigerate afterward for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the refrigerated dough between 2 waxed paper sheets.
- Roll the dough into a circle of 11-inch diameter.
- Remove the top waxed paper sheet and flip the dough to a 9-inch pie mold.
- With the remaining waxed paper sheet, press the dough towards the bottom and insides of the pie template.
- Remove the remaining waxed paper sheet.
- Prick the side and bottom of the crust using a fork.
- Bake the dough for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the chocolate ganache.
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
- Slice the vanilla bean into 2, lengthwise.
- Scrape the seeds into a small saucepan.
- Add the vanilla pod, maple syrup, and cream.
- Heat the mixture until there are small bubbles around the edge.
- Remove the mixture from heat and discard the vanilla pod.
- Pour the mixture over the bowl of chocolate.
- Stir until the chocolate melts and the ganache smoothens. Cool it for 5 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate ganache evenly into the baked crust.
- Refrigerate the tart for 1 – 2 hours until its ganache had settled.
- Garnish the tart with raspberries.