- Preparation time = 15 minutes
- Total time = 40 minutes
- Good for = 6 servings
- apple juice or cider = 1 cup
- thyme (fresh) = 2 sprigs
- Honeycrisp apples = 3 pieces
- buckwheat = 2 tablespoons
- field lettuce (mâche) = 4 cups
- Oka cheese (thinly sliced) = 60 grams
- onions (pickled, sliced into quarters) = 1 cup
- hazelnuts (toasted, coarsely chopped) = 2 tablespoons
- salt = a pinch
- pepper = a pinch
For Honey Vinaigrette:
- hazelnut oil = 1/4 cup
- cider vinegar = 2 tablespoons
- mustard (grainy) = 1 tablespoon
- liquid honey = 1 teaspoon
- Heat the apple cider over in a saucepan until it boils.
- Remove the pan and add thyme. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Using a mandolin, slice the apples very thinly and then, transfer them to a heat-resistant dish.
- Pour the heated apple cider over the sliced apples and leave it for 10 minutes.
- In a small skillet, fry the buckwheat on medium-to-high heat and stir it constantly for 4 minutes until it becomes fragrant.
- Drain the excess cider from the sliced apples and divide them among the serving plates.
- Put lettuce, pickled onions, hazelnuts, cheese, and reserved buckwheat as toppings.
- Season each serving with salt and pepper.
- To make the honey vinaigrette dressing, whisk all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Drizzle the salad with 3 tablespoons of dressing. Serve the remaining dressing.