- Total time = 30 minutes
- Good for = 4 servings
- mussels (fresh) = 3 kilograms
- olive oil = 2 tablespoons
- shallots (sliced) = 3 pieces
- garlic (minced) = 2 cloves
- dry cider = 1 cup
- 18 percent table cream = 1/2 cup
- mustard (grainy) = 1 tablespoon
- parsley (fresh, chopped) = 2 tablespoons
- Clean the fresh mussels and remove the beards if needed. Discard any mussel that remains open when tapped.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed large saucepan on medium heat.
- Cook the garlic and shallots while stirring occasionally for 2 minutes until they are softened.
- Stir the mixture of cream, cider, and mustard.
- Let the stirred mixture boil.
- When the mixture boils, add the prepared mussels.
- Cover the pan for about 5 minutes until mussels will open. If there are mussels that still remained closed at the time limit, discard them.
- Remove pan from the stove and stir the mixture with parsley.