- Preparation time = 60 minutes
- Total time = 75 minutes
- Good for = 6 to 8 servings
For Strawberry Jam:
- strawberries (fresh, quartered hulled) = 2 1/2 cups
- granulated sugar = 1 1/2 cup
- balsamic vinegar = 3 tablespoons
- basil or mint (fresh, chopped) = 1 teaspoon
- all-purpose flour = 2 cups
- baking powder = 1 tablespoon
- granulated sugar = 1 tablespoon
- baking soda = 1 teaspoon
- salt = 1/2 teaspoon
- peanut butter (smooth) = 3/4 cup
- butter (melted) = 1/4 cup
- buttermilk = 2 cups
- eggs = 3 pieces
- vanilla = 1 teaspoon
For Chocolate-Dipped Bananas:
- bananas = 2 pieces
- chocolate (dark) chips = 1/2 cup
- salted peanuts (roasted, chopped) = 1/4 cup
- Prepare the strawberry jam.
- Stir together the following ingredients in the saucepan: strawberries, mint, vinegar, sugar, and 3 tablespoons of water.
- Boil the mixture in medium-to-high heat and stir for 20 minutes until thick.
- Let it cool completely.
- Make the waffles.
- Whisk together in a large bowl the following ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Blend the following ingredients until smooth: peanut butter, melted butter, buttermilk, vanilla, and eggs.
- Pour the blended mixture over the flour mixture and stir consistently until fluffy and thick.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the batter into the non-stick hot waffle iron and cook for 5 minutes until it is crispy. Keep it warm in an oven at 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare chocolate-dipped bananas.
- Peel the bananas, slice into 8 pieces each, and place them on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a saucepan and dip each banana slice.
- Put again on the baking sheet and sprinkle with roasted peanuts.
- Keep them refrigerated until they are firm.
- Assembly the pieces with waffles on a plate, drizzled with the strawberry jam and chocolate-dipped banana slices evenly distributed.